Blue Andalusian thread!

Pics
my DD(12 years old) showed her blue Andalusians at fair this last week and did very well, the judge commented that he would like to see the hens/pullets bigger and longer body wise and a longer body on the boys too.

I believe both Tom Roebuck & Butch Gunderson have been named here as Andalusian breeders & they both do have good birds. There's a fellow near me, John Hayes, who has bred Andalusians longer than either Tom or Butch & in fact both have gotten birds from him. I once had a flock of Andalusians from John but sold them all to Superior Hatchery & we all know how that ended up. I visited John recently, he's in his 80s but still breeds a few birds. I came home with all his black & splash started chicks so if anyone is interested in eggs next year that will hatch only blue chicks pm me & I'll contact you in the spring. This is probably the oldest line of Andalusians in the country.

I ran into a young man at the Stockton, CA show who had acquired all of the Andalusians from Superior. I got an absolutely huge male from him that was half Superior and half Roebuck lines. I think there is some Minorca in the mix. Hopefully its far enough back that I won't have Minorca traits haunting my hatches. With him was a hen that was all Superior line. They don't have great lacing but they have good size. She went broody for me this past late spring and hatched out some eggs from my other birds.

Several of my own birds in a specific family go broody for me every year... at least one hen has for the past 6 or 7 years.

John Hayes got many of his birds from Arthur Pfiel who was, from the information I could find, a "Master Breeder" of Blue Andalusians.

Here are some pics of my blue andalusian chicks from Tom Roebuck. They are 6 weeks old and sooo cute!!!
I hatched 1 black, 2 splash and 4 blues. Nice mix of boys and girls too. These birds are going to work out very nicely for me.

Back
Top Bottom