Blue Andalusians...

crenees

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 30, 2011
Does anyone have any experience with blue andalusians? I was thinking of ordering a few from mypetchicken.com (I know, i know...i should go with a breeder but i have a few free chicks to cash in from mypetchicken:)

My flock is completely free-ranging (with a coop and smaller pen they all wander into at night) and i'm looking for a breed that will forage well and is aggressive enough to somewhat defend itself from smaller predators (or at least make a ruckis for me to hear if something happens :)...might even swap out one of my existing roos if a new one shows promise on that front (my barred rock is a HUGE scaredy cat :)...any thoughts?

Any other suggestions are appreciated...oh, i'd want these chickens for eggs as well...not too concerned with food conversion, carcass quality, etc.

Thanks!!

I ended up with one from MPC as a substitute. Actually, mine ended up splash rather than blue, which they said could happen. So my feedback is based on just the one. She's spunky and rather skittish (although she sure likes to be petted on), so would do well as a forager...better than the calmer breeds. I don't know that she'd do any better than the other breeds against a predator other than that she can fly better, because they're a smaller bodied bird. I probably get 5-6 small/med. eggs a week from my girl. I know nothing of And. roos.

i don't know if you need a blue andalusian rooster - i have several very healthy and friendly from a straight run (sandhill preservation) northern california. i have 2 black and 1 blue and 1 splash blue andalusina roo for rehoming. they are 5 months, free range and organically fed.

Back
Top Bottom