Blue Bresse

Odelia

Songster
5 Years
Feb 20, 2014
Idaho
I can't find a thread dedicated to Blue Bresse so I thought I should start one. My sister and I just got this breed! I am excited to see other peoples Blue Bresse and how they are doing. Fingers crossed we are hoping we have both genders. They are about 2 weeks old right now so we still have no idea who is who yet.

The top two photos are of the blue Bresse chick and the bottom two are of our splash chick. They are Three weeks old now. Any idea what gender they are? I know it is a bit early, but the boys have such large combs I was wondering if you can tell by this age.

I have 3 blue bresse chicks from GFF. I will post pics soon. One may be splash, I'm not sure. I guessed my 3 black bresse chicks correctly as 2 or 3 day old chicks. The boys comb was larger and his legs were larger. If I had to guess on the pics I would say the blue is a girl and splash is a boy but it's just a guess. I'm sure you know by now. Was I right?

I have 3 blue bresse chicks from GFF. I will post pics soon. One may be splash, I'm not sure. I guessed my 3 black bresse chicks correctly as 2 or 3 day old chicks. The boys comb was larger and his legs were larger. If I had to guess on the pics I would say the blue is a girl and splash is a boy but it's just a guess. I'm sure you know by now. Was I right?

No, you didn't guess right. They are both pullets. We also had two black Bresse and one was a pullet and one was a cockerel, but we lost the black cockerel.
hit.gif

So as of now we have one blue, one black and one splash all pullets. They have gone to my sisters house to join her other layers and we will decide later if we want to buy more.

Oh well. It was just a guess. When I guessed with mine I didn't really expect to get it right it was more wishful thinking. Sorry to hear about your cockerel. You'll have to let me know how they do as layers. I hear they are really good. I wonder if their egg is white or tinted.

Oh well. It was just a guess. When I guessed with mine I didn't really expect to get it right it was more wishful thinking. Sorry to hear about your cockerel. You'll have to let me know how they do as layers. I hear they are really good. I wonder if their egg is white or tinted.
I don't expect them to start laying for about another 8 more weeks. I will let you know when they do.

Here are my blue bress chicks. I have some more coming tomorrow in a rare chick special from them.

This one feathers are not one solid color

This one has more of a solid color

This one on the end is almost white, would that make it a splash?

Back
Top Bottom