Blue Bresse

My thoughts exactly, Odelia! Your blue pullet looks just like mine, but I wish I had some of your Barnevelders, too... Where did you get yours?

My thoughts exactly, Odelia! Your blue pullet looks just like mine, but I wish I had some of your Barnevelders, too... Where did you get yours?

My barnevelders came from GFF. I had a great looking roo too but a hawk got him. I am thinking af getting a few more because they are really nice but they are still expensive.

I got 15 BBS Bresse straight run day old chicks in an Rare Breed Auctions auction, directly from Greenfire Farms, and I won the auction for $95.00 (not including shipping), but an auction a few months earlier was won at $130.00. That makes each chick $6.33 for my bunch and $8.66 for the earlier auction. I would have paid $10-15 each (maybe even $20), even for straight run, but that's because I really, really wanted them. These are really cool chickens, laying eggs at 4-1/2 months and 5-7 eggs per week and are very curious and friendly.

I'm with HighlandChick. I would easily pay $10 to $20 per unsexed chick. I saw them being sold for $30 a chick somewhere. i might try to sell some of my extra chicks for $ 10 a chick at local tailgates. Love these birds.

I have to say I really like my Bresse. They are great layers of large eggs. Some of them white some of them lightly tinted. I got some leghorn hatching eggs and was really excited untill I saw them. My bresse eggs are so much better looking. I'm thinking of getting more from bresse farms. I want to add more diversity to the genetics and a hawk got my best layer.

Back
Top Bottom