Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Pics
Well so far I think that 3 of the 10 Blue Copper Marans chicks I got are roosters! Hope that's all! Lol don't need to many roosters! Will post pics tomorrow of how fast they are growing!

Well so far I think that 3 of the 10 Blue Copper Marans chicks I got are roosters! Hope that's all! Lol don't need to many roosters! Will post pics tomorrow of how fast they are growing!

Blue copper hen

beautiful hope my baby turns out this pretty and to be a hen for that matter

ive raised marans for a while, and in february i acquired a group of chicks of a new blood line. several blacks, a few blues. all the black hens have good coloring on their necks. the blue hens have very very few if any copper red coloring on their neck. they're all the same age and supposedly same parents. also on their entire body the blue is very dark, but uniform on the hens. what caused them to lose their neck coloring. i think im going to put these in with the laying team and keep them out of my breeding stock. any ideas or information would be most greatly appreciated. i can post photos later, need to go take some

What is the best color variety of rooster to put with splash marans? I dont care what color chicks I get.
Thanks

I just ordered 3 blue copper maran chicks (rooster & 2 hens) from meyer's hatchery :) They should be here on wednesday or thursday - we're super excited to have chickens again :) I'll post pics when they come - we're also getting 3 blue ameraucana's :)

Back
Top Bottom