Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Pics

Well yesterday and this evening I did the big project. I cut my huge giant grow out pen in half and made it into two pens... then I started moving the roosters into one and leaving the pullets in the other.. I did some serious rooster wrangling today. I haven't worked up to the big boys yet but i'm getting there.

Runawaylobster, I'm anxious to hear how the rooster move is going. I had 3 roosters and 2 pullets last time I hatched. I moved the pullets into other pens with roosters already established there, thinking I could leave the 3 roosters in the same pen without hens. Two of the roosters beat up on the other one, so I took the beat up one out and put him in yet another coop with one of the original pullets. Now everyone is happy. The remaining 2 roosters get along well. Now I have another group of hatchlings with 2 more roosters. I wonder if I can put them in the now established rooster pen. I'm worried. How has it worked for you?

Runawaylobster, I'm anxious to hear how the rooster move is going. I had 3 roosters and 2 pullets last time I hatched. I moved the pullets into other pens with roosters already established there, thinking I could leave the 3 roosters in the same pen without hens. Two of the roosters beat up on the other one, so I took the beat up one out and put him in yet another coop with one of the original pullets. Now everyone is happy. The remaining 2 roosters get along well. Now I have another group of hatchlings with 2 more roosters. I wonder if I can put them in the now established rooster pen. I'm worried. How has it worked for you?
You might be able to moved younger boys into the pen with the older ones as long as the younger ones aren't mature yet, you'll need to watch and see how they get along so that no one is picked on and stressed out. We have had to remove younger ones if they are being picked on and hiding. It's all trail and error sometimes- good luck!

I don't hatch many blue coppers and this picture was sent to me by a lady that bought some eggs from me. My only blue copper hen does not have this coloration and I'm wondering about it. I know of one other pullet out there that's mine and she does not look like this. These are different shades of blue I'm told. Since I'm not breeding for SOP I'm just curious if this is something a little weird.

Back
Top Bottom