Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Pics
Slick4591, have you gotten a cance to look at the other pictures I posted?

Sorry, I just got back to this thread. I'm with Donna, I think they are just too young to tell at this stage and I'm looking at a monitor. In that 3-4 week age they should show more comb. I have some out there now that are the age of yours and I still can't tell. Did you read earlier where I posted that I really suck at sexing at early stages?:lau

Aloha, This will be the girlfriend of my roo that I posted earlier. She's good looking huh? comments? aloha, Puhi
Aloha, This is my baby blue copper roo. Is he a stud? 8 or 9 weeks maybe. I would appreciate any comments. Mahalo, puhi
Hi Puhi, How old is the girlfriend? sorry, but it is difficult to see any details of your cockerel in this photo. Sue

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all have a very safe and Happy 4th of July!

Don~ Did you get some photos in your album yet? Just wondering and really curious to see the hackle stripe that we talked about a couple weeks ago. OH and yes I would love to hear about how you say to get the copper back in the females. I have 2 ! Blue Copper females that have good copper coming in and only 1 of the males that I have kept back is showing copper. My plan is to test mate the male back to his mother and test the 2 females to my Black Copper male.

The Blue Copper pullet that came to me from a breeder in Texas has laid her first 2 eggs and they are lovely! Can't wait to see more from her.

Be well everyone and take care!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all have a very safe and Happy 4th of July!

Don~ Did you get some photos in your album yet? Just wondering and really curious to see the hackle stripe that we talked about a couple weeks ago. OH and yes I would love to hear about how you say to get the copper back in the females. I have 2 ! Blue Copper females that have good copper coming in and only 1 of the males that I have kept back is showing copper. My plan is to test mate the male back to his mother and test the 2 females to my Black Copper male.

The Blue Copper pullet that came to me from a breeder in Texas has laid her first 2 eggs and they are lovely! Can't wait to see more from her.

Be well everyone and take care!

Likewise... Happy 4th..

I too am interested to see about getting the copper back into the females.

smile.png

BTW: I culled the two jet black Roos but i was sad because they were so beautiful but I just can't feed everyone.. :( I have one solid black and three solid blue pullets that I plan to make experimental matings with to see if i can bring it back.

Last edited:
Aloha e Sue,

They came from the same hatch. The male has good feathering on legs. My female's is kinda sparse. I'm looking at the other female because the one shown has a crooked comb. But the the one with the better comb has too much feathering on the legs. No copper on either female. That's what I have.

E malama, Puhi

Aloha e Sue,

They came from the same hatch.  The male has good feathering on legs.  My female's is kinda sparse.  I'm looking at the other female because the one shown has a crooked comb.  But the the one with the better comb has too much feathering on the legs.  No copper on either female.  That's what I have.

E malama, Puhi

Hi Puhi,

The reason I asked is because the "girlfriend" has quite a red comb and wattles for her age. Also not sure that they can have too much feathering on the legs, unless it extends to the middle toe. But she looks like a nice girl, so does the young boy.. I am too much of a newbie to offer an opinion in print, and show my ignorance. :lol:

I am jealous, I would love some blues. I got a blue araucana the other day to satisfy my cravings. Now if I can just work out how to make some blues from wheaten - hmmm. :/:/:/

Sue

Back
Top Bottom