Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Pics
Hi pinkchick,

Yeah she's a dude. "Ricky Minaj" tried to crow yesterday and is now living in the bachelor pad up on the hill.

So he has no copper. Is copper recessive? Only 1 out of 4 had copper.

Did you start school? What are you taking?

Take care, Puhi

Hi pinkchick,

Yeah she's a dude.  "Ricky Minaj"  tried to crow yesterday and is now living in the bachelor pad up on the hill.

So he has no copper.  Is copper recessive?  Only 1 out of 4 had copper.

Did you start school?  What are you taking?

Take care, Puhi

Just because Ricky does not show any copper does not mean that he will not later on. It can take months for some birds to show copper. Also, just because he does not show it does not mean it is not there. If he came from copper parents....he is copper.
Copper is not recessive, but it can be covered by melanizers. I do not think Ricky is done showing you his true colors. Hold on to him as long as you can.
If you have Black Coppers and you have him.......you are not out of the Blue Copper ball game.

I did start school and I am taking language arts and Spanish, I have always wanted to speak Spanish better than I do and would like to be a Spanish interpreter. I would like to teach English as a second language as well.

Hey, I have just started marans and I hatched out some copper splash chicks earlier in the year, and 2 weeks ago I hatched out some copper blacks. If I wanted to cross them together to make blues what is the best way to do it? Splash rooster or Black rooster? or will this not work out?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom