Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Pics
Gilavina, I'll try to "calmly" look that them out in the pen tomorrow and see about #65's tail carriage. If it is that high at this young age, he is out, right?

I hatched what I was told were Blue Marans, and one hatched. Pretty bird. It's a pullet, 12 weeks old. Someone told me it's not a Marans (even though it hatched from a dark egg and has all the other characteristics) because there's not copper on it. I didn't think they were Blue Copper Marans, I thought they were just Blue Marans and that person told me there's no such thing as just Blue Marans.

Is this true?

Yes there are solid blue Marans although not many people have them yet. Your pullet is pretty young and may start showing copper a little later on.

Okay thanks.

Here are the ones I just hatched out last week.

Now hoping there's more girls than boys
fl.gif

this is my big blue marans rooster he is a year and half he is my pride and joy he is the father of all my chicks

Vicki~

Your birds are looking GREAT!!!!!!! I've said it before and I will say it again....I love the copper you have on your females. :love

Hope you are doing great...it's been a long time since we've chatted lady! :D

Okay....got a couple photos of my monsters the other day.

This is the male that I held back and in this first photo the sun is coming through and showing his true coloring except his hackles....the full sun on them seemed to have made them look lighter than they are. All of the rest of the photos of him are in the shade with the sun coming through weirdly and makes him look washed out. He is the one that had dark eyes and now they have turned the correct color.

And the 2 pullets that I held back. Sorry best and only photos I was able to get of these 2. Will try again later this week.

This first gal is the one that has copper, but you can't see it in these photos.

Both of them together running to me for treats. The one with copper is the one on right of the photo and in front. The other gal had copper but then she turned dark as you can see.

This is the dark gal....not a good photo and makes her look frumpy, which she isn't, but gives and idea.

This is the beautiful Splash Copper pullet that came to me from a breeder in Texas....excuse the dirty rain splashed water bucket that I haven't washed off yet.
She kinda has a U shape but this photo exemplifies it to be worse than it is.

Marcy~ I agree with Vicki on the choice of your birds. Oh and saw your Black Copper male on the Marans thread and he looks great!

Dutch~ Cute chicks...congratulations!

Vicki~

Your birds are looking GREAT!!!!!!! I've said it before and I will say it again....I love the copper you have on your females.
love.gif

Hope you are doing great...it's been a long time since we've chatted lady!
big_smile.png

Indeed it has been too long. I have been burning the candle at both ends as they say. I'm hoping that after the poultry show is over here I'll be able to take it a bit easier. We are hiring at least 3 new people at work and training 2 employees we do have already into managing positions, so that should ease things up at work some too. I feel like I've barely enjoyed summer or had much chance to spend with the birds. I am still up in the air about hatching any this fall with the exception of a few Sussex just because I didn't get to hatch any last year with my dad in the hospital.
The coppering is coming along well, just am working on things like more open tails, deeper egg color, and overall size. They still run just a bit small in one breeding pen and just right in the other. I'm going to be doing some serious sorting and re-pen the breeding groups differently to prep for next spring. I think I'm going to be culling down pretty heavily. I know of a few 4Hers wanting some showmanship stock and think a few of the extra would do great for them.

Okay....got a couple photos of my monsters the other day.

This is the male that I held back and in this first photo the sun is coming through and showing his true coloring except his hackles....the full sun on them seemed to have made them look lighter than they are. All of the rest of the photos of him are in the shade with the sun coming through weirdly and makes him look washed out. He is the one that had dark eyes and now they have turned the correct color.

And the 2 pullets that I held back. Sorry best and only photos I was able to get of these 2. Will try again later this week.

This first gal is the one that has copper, but you can't see it in these photos.

Both of them together running to me for treats. The one with copper is the one on right of the photo and in front. The other gal had copper but then she turned dark as you can see.

This is the dark gal....not a good photo and makes her look frumpy, which she isn't, but gives and idea.

This is the beautiful Splash Copper pullet that came to me from a breeder in Texas....excuse the dirty rain splashed water bucket that I haven't washed off yet.
She kinda has a U shape but this photo exemplifies it to be worse than it is.

Looks like they are coming along well! Do you feel you are moving in a better direction copper wise?

Back
Top Bottom