Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Well I have one chick with very long wings and tail feathers and two with short nubby wings and no tail feathers. It's gotta be two different sexes. Just don't know which one is which.

How old are they and do you have pics?

With Marans at least for me with my own experience feather growth is not a good indication of gender, I do not go by feather growth. I wait for comb development which the boys typically start to show themselves early, at 2-3 weeks of age. Though some males take a little longer.

As it turns out, I'll get a chance to observe the down-to-feather transition =)
It was a small batch, but I'm happy to say my shipped eggs hatched 6 out of 7 BCM's !

Last edited:
Quote:
about 2 hrs away. BUT I might be heading down to Chattanooga area in the next couple of weeks. Might can bring some with me
big_smile.png
@Jim H

Looked at your Breeds page, didn't see any Blue Copper Marans. Do you have pictures of the hens and roos? Also, what line are they out of, may be interested.

thank you

Looked at your Breeds page, didn't see any Blue Copper Marans. Do you have pictures of the hens and roos? Also, what line are they out of, may be interested.

thank you
My first year breeding I used 2 blue coppers from Pinkchick. My pullets that year came from a local guy. They are my birds now no idea all the lines that have been incorporated till I got them..... neither do most people they just go by what they are told even if they were so and so's lines 5 generations ago.

I didn't know I didn't have any Marans pics.....

I don't have any good pics of the roo.... he is much nicer in person.

Back
Top Bottom