Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Quote: Interesting.... don't know I usually don't breed for splash. I just do blue and black usually and I don't see much of that spottiness in my blues. The spottiness on the splash is different I think..... maybe not since splash is a double dose of blue. The splash color will be washed out as you breed splash to splash so that is why the color is different from a light to a more spotted.

Well, my friends are starting to say I have a chicken problem, but these were too cute to pass up. Born May 8, I got 3 Black Copper, 1 Blue Copper, and 1 Splash. I am so excited!!! Hope they are all girls!!
fl.gif

How can I get some eggs? I'd like a dozen each blue and lavender, maybe a half a dozen black maran's to get a rooster out of. I'm new to this a friend from church gave me some lavender Americana chickens and a two Wheaton maran's I gave them back but I'm incubating eggs now and I have the space for another coop for maran's they are awesome I saw your pictures all of yours good lookin chickens.

Interesting.... don't know I usually don't breed for splash. I just do blue and black usually and I don't see much of that spottiness in my blues. The spottiness on the splash is different I think..... maybe not since splash is a double dose of blue. The splash color will be washed out as you breed splash to splash so that is why the color is different from a light to a more spotted.
thanks for the leakage note...I have had splash and blue hens, and they look so different. As the spotty blue hen was fading over time, I thought that was contributing to the spotty look, but my lacy blue hen is outside all the time too, and her color is more consistent and not seeing the spottiness. Based on your answer, I guess that rules out my thought that blue to blue is less spotty than blue to black?

Hello! I have a blue copper maran and a splash maran, both from our local feed store and they are now 3 months old...roos or hens...your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom