Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

The wing on the just hatched chicks is very small and I just will not do the wing band on the chicks as it goes in the web of the wing and not much to go through. Don

Thank you Don! Excellent information.
Just wanted to add- the male in your avatar looks amazing.

Does anybody have photos of Blue or Black Copper pullets around 3 months of age they can post, of pullets that do NOT have pinched tails? I would like to compare to my growing pullets, which I think are all pinched but I'd like to see some that aren't to see how they look at this age. I am assuming this is old enough to tell if their tails are pinched or not? Thanks so much.

Does anybody have photos of Blue or Black Copper pullets around 3 months of age they can post, of pullets that do NOT have pinched tails? I would like to compare to my growing pullets, which I think are all pinched but I'd like to see some that aren't to see how they look at this age. I am assuming this is old enough to tell if their tails are pinched or not? Thanks so much.
I think most pullets will have pinched tails at this age but here are some of mine. I tried getting the ones with tails in them

When do your Marans typically start laying? I have 22 week olds with red combs and wattles, but they don't seem to interested in laying eggs yet. I am excited about their dark colored eggs. I do not have a roo, so they will be for eggs only.

When do your Marans typically start laying? I have 22 week olds with red combs and wattles, but they don't seem to interested in laying eggs yet. I am excited about their dark colored eggs. I do not have a roo, so they will be for eggs only.

I know this is not much help, but 16-40 weeks! The initial pullets I bought were 8-10 months old before they started laying (in the winter). Chicks from my eggs (from those hens) have started as early as 16 weeks. Mostly as chicken people, we wait. Wait for the hatch, wait for the sexing, wait for the laying...wait, wait, wait!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom