Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Worth the wait is right! Those are gorgeous eggs!!
1f60d.png

Here are my two girls. Well I hope they're both girls lol Dream is the lighter one with heavily feathered feet and Echo is darker with only a tiny bit of feathers, sometimes lol

yep they look like pullets

Ok, so who has good FRENCH STANDARD (I like feathered feet) Blue Copper Marans i can buy? I am sick of paying a ton & getting crappy stock. At $15/ day old chick, I should be getting decent stock right? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Ok, so who has good FRENCH STANDARD (I like feathered feet) Blue Copper Marans i can buy? I am sick of paying a ton & getting crappy stock. At $15/ day old chick, I should be getting decent stock right? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Where have you been getting them from, a hatchery? Because if so, I wouldn't expect decent stock regardless of price. Also Blue Coppers generally would be more expensive if you are just getting the blue color since they don't breed true. At least that's what I would think, 50% of the hatch is not the color you want if you are breeding blue to blue.

Where have you been getting them from, a hatchery? Because if so, I wouldn't expect decent stock regardless of price. Also Blue Coppers generally would be more expensive if you are just getting the blue color since they don't breed true. At least that's what I would think, 50% of the hatch is not the color you want if you are breeding blue to blue.
No, not a hatchery, unfortunately, although they seem like hatchery stock. Yes, I understand the BBS thing, where I would get 50%, 25%, & 25%....just wondering who has nice birds...I don't really care about the price as I have already spent a lot on inferior stock & would like some nice birds...

Quote:
You might want to try the Newnan GA chicken show this month. Usually there is a thread on BYC and maybe you could meet up with someone at the show for eggs or chicks. I feel like mine are pretty good stock but I will not have any available till maybe summer. I only have a quad with 2 blue hens..... going to add more pullets but they will be black.

You might want to try the Newnan GA chicken show this month. Usually there is a thread on BYC and maybe you could meet up with someone at the show for eggs or chicks. I feel like mine are pretty good stock but I will not have any available till maybe summer. I only have a quad with 2 blue hens..... going to add more pullets but they will be black.
I just saw that Bev Davis is bringing chicks to the Newnan show for fundraising there. VERY dark egg line. I'd go bid until my wallet was empty if I were you, anac1979!

Back
Top Bottom