Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Quote: Donna, You lost me on this comment. Please explain why you could not get pullets with Copper Hackles using this Blue Copper male ?
Since he/she had no females it is a mute point. Instead of me defending myself, how about you explain why you believe and over melanized male will produce anything but over melanized females.......

Donna, Will not get into a War with you, but I just believe you are incorrect with your thinking. If I had this male I could breed pullets with Copper hackle and have done it in the past. I can see where constructive advice is wanted on this thread. This kind of sentiment has already basically killed the thread. The people come on here looking for proven answers.

Most of the BCM roosters I see posted here have a lot of copper in their saddle feathers and wings. So far mine only has copper in the hackles, will he develop the copper in his saddle feathers and wings later or no? He's about a year old now, so I'm thinking not?
He will not get anymore color. Personally I would not use him but I always have a back up or two. Color is hard to get on pullets as it is so using a roo with that coloring will not put copper in the pullets hackles. He is nice and if he is all you have use him, just don't expect color to ever improve in the offspring.
Donna, You lost me on this comment. Please explain why you could not get pullets with Copper Hackles using this Blue Copper male ?
Since he/she had no females it is a mute point. Instead of me defending myself, how about you explain why you believe and over melanized male will produce anything but over melanized females.......
Donna, Will not get into a War with you, but I just believe you are incorrect with your thinking. If I had this male I could breed pullets with Copper hackle and have done it in the past. I can see where constructive advice is wanted on this thread. This kind of sentiment has already basically killed the thread. The people come on here looking for proven answers.
I don't believe anyone with marans has PROVEN answers. What works for one will not work for another.

Any body have one or two extra blue copper marans roosters for sale? We are looking for a few extras for our flock. We will take younger cockerals or older established roosters! I am in AZ and will pay for the shipping, etc. Thanks!

Any body have one or two extra blue copper marans roosters for sale? We are looking for a few extras for our flock. We will take younger cockerals or older established roosters! I am in AZ and will pay for the shipping, etc. Thanks!

I don't, but if you want to make a trip over to the S CA area, I see them on a regular basis for sale locally, many times people are just looking to give them away. I've done the drive back and forth numerous times in one day.

All your pictures are just beautiful. I just ordered my first Blue Splash Copper Maran today and expect to pick her up beginning of April. I'm so excited. They are such a pretty breed.

Any body have one or two extra blue copper marans roosters for sale?  We are looking for a few extras for our flock.  We will take younger cockerals or older established roosters!  I am in AZ and will pay for the shipping, etc.  Thanks!

Secret Hills Ranch in Alpine CA have a beautiful stock and do shipping. I love them, was just there today looking at them all.

Is anyone selling hatching eggs yet? My mother and I have been looking for this variety for quite some time with no luck, so thought I would try here. We are willing to pay as much as needed for quality stock, and the darker the eggs, the better! Thank you!!! :D

I'm looking for blue, black,and even lavender copper maran chicks. I live in Winlock Wa I will drive to you or meet if possible. I'd like a dozen mixed with a black roo if anyone can help please! I missed some at the auction today bummer ! Thank you God bless!

I was thinking about setting a bunch here shortly, if your willing to wait a bit. Or just post on the fb page for the auction that you're looking for some! I'm up in Snohomish, WA.

Back
Top Bottom