Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Thanks lady! Some day I'll find a way to get some birds to you....more challenging cause I don't ship at all, but not impossible ;) I have a friend that is trying to sell her house here and is moving back to Oregon.... if I have anything, I might be able to send some with her. She's an animal person for sure, so would trust her with them.

Vicki~ I miss my blues and splashes so much I hesitated looking
wink.png
. But, I love your birds soooooooo much I had to look, and they look fantastic!!!!!!! I am so happy for you, and where you have brought your birds! Great eye! Great job!

I'll jump on this wagon !!! Great looking young stock.. I saw elsewhere that you posted new photos and just had to take a look.
Love the structure you get from your group. Keep up the great work !!!

And, good luck with your growing juveniles PINK !!!

I'll jump on this wagon !!! Great looking young stock.. I saw elsewhere that you posted new photos and just had to take a look.
Love the structure you get from your group. Keep up the great work !!!

And, good luck with your growing juveniles PINK !!!
Thanks Ray! I really have to appreciate all the time spent learning how to raise, breed, show, and improve poultry from my dad. My earliest memories are my dad showing me faults, disqualifications, how to set up breeding pens and etc. I don't know any different I guess. I'm just glad I get the privilege of working on the Marans and making improvements to the line I've developed that will do the breed justice. They are a stunning bird when done right and love the personality, the eggs...just everything about them.

Luella is beautiful as ever! And, that splash male has wonderful type. His station looks great!!!!!!! He can get lost in some tiny town in Southwest Washington, up in the hills of Mt. St. Helen's anytime he wants. ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH HIM!

Last edited:
Luella is beautiful as ever! And, that splash male has wonderful type. His station looks great!!!!!!! He can get lost in some tiny town in Southwest Washington, up in the hills of Mt. St. Helen's anytime he wants. ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH HIM!
haha....I gotta admit, out of that first batch of chicks the splash (aka Hog) is my favorite. He is a gentle sweety, very curious. Its kind of comical to have is poppa Big Boy (my avatar) on one side of the gate and this little guy on the other. They stand and act exactly the same. Its like a mini me moment.

THANKS RAY!!!!! HAPPY thoughts is all I can hope for! The support from Marans friends, along with good old fashioned criticiism that is always most welcomed. :)

Last edited:
Don,
I have one Blue Copper hen, she shows very little copper, and I mean very little. She is also very light blue. I know your stance about using a male of the color that you would like to produce, but I do not have a Blue Copper male. . . do you think I could use the BCM male I showed you the other day to darken the blue and add more color the offspring, if I cross him with the blue? All I need is to produce a few Blue Copper males to move forward again with my blues, but all I have right now is 2 BCM males. Wondering what you think about this. Thanks, Kim

Last edited:
Don,
I have one Blue Copper hen, she shows very little copper, and I mean very little. She is also very light blue. I know your stance about using a male of the color that you would like to produce, but I do not have a Blue Copper male. . . do you think I could use the BCM male I showed you the other day to darken the blue and add more color the offspring, if I cross him with the blue? All I need is to produce a few Blue Copper males to move forward again with my blues, but all I have right now is 2 BCM males. Wondering what you think about this. Thanks, Kim
Yes, Kim go ahead and breed the BC male and this should work real well. Good luck going forward. Don

Thank you Don! I am shooting for the medium blue with good color, or at least some color. Thanks again my friend!
smile.png
I use blacks blues and splash in my blue breeding program, I love the artistry of getting the blue just right from generation to generation by crossing splash in when the blue gets too dark or black when the blue is too light. Blue genetics will always be my favorite

Back
Top Bottom