Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Hey guys hopefully you guys can help with my question .. My splash marans lay nice dark eggs .so I incubated some and hatched out many , will those chicks lay darker eggs or the same as there parents ? Thank you

Hi everyone,

I have a blue splash marans that is now broody. I would like to know if her type makes a good mother. I search this thread to see if anyone talked about it, but found none. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I have a blue splash marans that is now broody. I would like to know if her type makes a good mother. I search this thread to see if anyone talked about it, but found none. Thanks for your help.

It has been my experience that you never know until the eggs hatch and then you will know. I have not had a hen that was a bad mother. Some are more aggressive than others. The hen's temperament can change. I had a nice friendly hen that went broody and once the chicks hatched she became very aggressive and would not let you hold a chick. She would fly up and attack me.

Last edited:
It has been my experience that you never know until the eggs hatch and then you will know. I have not had a hen that was a bad mother. Some are more aggressive than others. The hen's temperament can change. I had a nice friendly hen that went broody and once the chicks hatched she became very aggressive and would not let you hold a chick. She would fly up and attack me.
Thank you Wappoke. My broody hen now has her chicks for about a week. She turns out to be an aggressive and protective mother. When the cats come near, she charges at them and chases them away.

Thank you Wappoke. My broody hen now has her chicks for about a week. She turns out to be an aggressive and protective mother. When the cats come near, she charges at them and chases them away.
My Marans are the best moms. They can hatch anything and raise the chicks successfully in any kind of weather. Even my half Marans are good moms, too. The chicks are perfectly integrated into the flock when the hen leaves them and there is no drama. So easy!

Back
Top Bottom