Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Hey Chooks man, what are your thoughts on this: I am buying some Blue Copper Marans next year from a lady, and she said she will breed a Blue Copper Maran to a Black copper maran, or just pure blue? Should I get Black/Blue, or Blue/Blue?

Hi all,
I'm quit new at raising chickens, Since the beginning of May.
That is Bella, my blue copper marans, she's 5 months.
Would love to read your toughs.
When did your girls started laying?

Bella is Bella .
nice blue color with nice lacing .
nice flat long back
good tail at the right angle
nice colored shanks and well feathered .
i like her eyes nice and orange
a little color on her hackle but she need more .

she is going a good type hen when matured .

chooks man

Hey Chooks man, what are your thoughts on this: I am buying some Blue Copper Marans next year from a lady, and she said she will breed a Blue Copper Maran to a Black copper maran, or just pure blue? Should I get Black/Blue, or Blue/Blue?

never get a blue from a blue .

Blue work better and look better when come from a black .

A blue is really Black with a extra Bleaching gene BI ,turn a feathers into blue if only one dose is present or Splash if 2 copies are present .

I allway do A black copper over a Blue copper or other way around doesn t matter . I ll get a better result .

a black helps the blue by giving it a depth

a Blue help to get ready of the black seen from the black copper .

chooks man

never get a blue from a blue .

Blue work better and look better when come from a black .

A blue is really Black with a extra Bleaching gene BI ,turn a feathers into blue if only one dose is present or Splash if 2 copies are present .

I allway do A black copper over a Blue copper or other way around doesn t matter . I ll get a better result .

a black helps the blue by giving it a depth

a Blue help to get ready of the black seen from the black copper .

chooks man
Thank you so much for your answer!! After I get the half blue, half black ones, is there enough black in their blood, or do I need to continue adding the black in with the blue?

Thank you so much for your answer!! After I get the half blue, half black ones, is there enough black in their blood, or do I need to continue adding the black in with the blue?

like I said before there not a blue chooks only black one with added Bleaching gene BI .

so a black copper coming out of the blue copper over a black copper is a Black copper ans the Blue one is a blue copper .

there is a Black copper carrying a blue gene OR a Blue copper carrying a Black gene.

Blue is blue is a Black with additional gene wen that gene is removed the bird stay black

hope that help

Always run them together never a blue by themselves .

you can run the Black by themselves

chooks man

like I said before there not a blue chooks only black one with added Bleaching gene BI .

so a black copper coming out of the blue copper over a black copper  is a Black copper ans the Blue one is a blue copper .

there is a Black copper carrying a blue gene OR a Blue copper carrying a Black gene.

Blue is blue is a Black with additional gene wen that gene is removed the bird stay black

hope that help

Always run them together never a blue by themselves .

you can run the Black by themselves

chooks man
Thank you so much! That was very helpful, and I am sorry if I did not understand it all at first, things like that usually go right over my head.

Hoping this going to be a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom