Blue Eared Pheasant, Anyone raising ?

slyfoxpeeps

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Lewisburg, WV
Hi,
My sister has a small flocks of Blue Eared Pheasants. She would love to find someone who is also raising a small flock to give her advise and a contact for available birds.
Questions:
1. How are you pinning them?
2. Do you let them free range?
3. Any disease problems?
Just some general information.

Thanks!

Thanks! I'll pass this on to her.
smile.png

I raise pheasants and Quail. they need lots of space, about 4sq feet per bird is what mine have and they could stand a bit more.

I do not let the pheasants free range, occasionally one will slip out when i open the door to their aviary and will stick around for a day or two and then i will never see it again.

As far as diseases go, i have never lost a bird over 3 months old to disease only to fighting during mating season. I only have one pen for them so during mating season things can get a little wild when the males get in the mood.

I am in no way an expert but i hope this helps

Do you know where your sister got her birds? I would love to have a pr. of Blue Eared Pheasants

If she has anymore questions feel free to ask again, ill help if i can

Thank you so much for the info. What kinds of pheasants do you raise? She has a young pair of red goldens and wants some Lady Amherst, and others too. She also has just hatched 12 quails. She hatched some Blue Ears last summer and added to her breeders so she might have a few this spring as well, but getting her to part with them could be tough..... The Blue Ears are suppost to be more friendly then other pheasants and she has heard of free ranging them but can't find anyone who has done it personnally.

Back
Top Bottom