BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Oh how sweet!!! Sometimes I wish they could stay so small & fluffy
jumpy.gif

Hello, I also want to raise chickens. I am hoping to go to the City Council meeting this Thursday and plead my case for the abiliity to keep 4 hens like the Brevard County Ordinance that was just passed within the last year. If you have any suggestions or helpful hints I would love to hear from you. I have a facebook page, Stephens Michelle, if you are interested. If you are interested but dont want to alert anyone to your existence that is cool and I would never divulge anything about any information you might pass along to me....I just need some help to get my case together for my 3 minutes of speaking time on Thursday

Is there a Blue Isbar Club? I know the Cream Legbar group is starting one. I'm hoping to get some of each at some point, and would like for my kids to be able to show at 4H.

As far as I know there isn't anyone driving towards it yet- but if you hear of anyone post here, I would be in. Remember the path to breed acceptance is a bare minimum of 5 years, usually longer. Probably longer since Isbars do not have a breed standard at all- the Cream Legbars have the British Standard to build on.

I have a replacement roo shipping out to me tomorrow, all the way from the great state of Texas. He'll be stowing some fertile eggs along in his container, so my little breeding operation should be back on track soon.

To add in some more happy news, I got my first ever Isbar egg today!

It's such a pretty shade of green in person; very different from any of my EEs or OEs. So exciting!

Hi dfdesigns! I know this post is from awhile ago, but I would like to know where you got your Isbar that lays this color egg? and what color is the hen?

We are thinking about breeding Isbars here and also have OE, EE's and Ameraucanas so we are paying close attention to egg color from the Isbar line we purchase from. I have seen some pullets and entire farms that are sending out all murky, grayish, barely green eggs. I have seen others (like yours) that are a brighter light green. We are trying to find some pullets or fertile hatching eggs that will have this brighter light green egg-laying trait. Thanks!

Quote:
That particular egg came from hatching eggs I got from The Sheriff. I also got some very pretty hatching eggs from Samantha Kellerman - I think she's WimberleyTXChick - and they have nice color, too. (Those babies are still growing up, so I don't know current egg colors yet.) The biggest color swing I have here is that I have one Isbar who lays a bluer egg than the rest of them.

Back
Top Bottom