BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
i received a dozen beautiful eggs by mail from dfdesigns yesterday:

putting them in my brand-new Rcom incubator today, and hoping for a good hatch! they are so beautiful!!

Hi everyone!!!

I have wanted blue isbars forever, and finally have some!
I bought 6 eggs and 3 hatched.
I was wondering if you all had some tips on sexing them.
They are a week old now.
In general, I always use tail feathers to sex my chicks, but all 3 of these have the same amount. While I am hopeful this means they are all girls, I don't tend to be that lucky!
All the combs look about the same size.

Opinions???
(note the one in the middle does have as many feathers as the other two, once I uploaded the photos I saw you can't see them as well with the angle)

Hi everyone!!! I have wanted blue isbars forever, and finally have some! I bought 6 eggs and 3 hatched. I was wondering if you all had some tips on sexing them. They are a week old now. In general, I always use tail feathers to sex my chicks, but all 3 of these have the same amount. While I am hopeful this means they are all girls, I don't tend to be that lucky! All the combs look about the same size. Opinions??? (note the one in the middle does have as many feathers as the other two, once I uploaded the photos I saw you can't see them as well with the angle)
So cute!! No idea on sexing though as I've only bought mine old enough to be sexed before:) I am excited though - I have a few Isbar eggs in lockdown right now too :fl Hope they make it and can't wait to see what colors I get!

one of the eggs i received from dfdesigns has hatched today! (the others haven't done anything yet, but i had incubator malfunctions at the start of this process, so am surprised anything hatched at all! and i'm going to give them another day or two to think about it...)

Has anyone ever gotten a lavender Isbar? I have a 2 month old chick who hasn't gotten any splash on it whatsoever and is totally lavender in color, not gray or silver. It doesn't look anything like my other splash Isbars, will it develop splashes of color after it's first molt? Out of 7 eggs all 7 hatched out, 5 blue, 1 black and this little off color one, I'm just curious if lavenders can spontaneously develop from blue, stock. I can post photos tomorrow. They are from gen 1 and 3 greenfire lines by the way. I don't have any splash so these came from a mix of black and blue stock.

I don't think so, lavender, or more genetically correct, "self-blue," and blue from blue/black/splash are completely different genes. Most likely it is just an off-color splash or blue. Got a picture to share?

Back
Top Bottom