BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
What vitamins are you using?

How early they start to lay depends on the time of year. Those reaching 5-6 months in the early spring to mid summer will usually start laying in the 5-6 month range. Those reaching 5-6 months going into fall and winter will usually wait until 7-9 months to start laying, unless they are given supplemental light.

Isbars are considered a large fowl breed (as opposed to bantam), but are on the small end of the scale size wise. The eggs are usually small when they first start laying and usually work their way up to medium to large size within a few months. By the second year of laying, my girls were laying large to extra-large eggs. The color of the eggs can range anywhere from a light mint green to a dark olive green, some with spots.
thank you everyone for all the good information. I had a chick who got sick. She was a beautiful bantam. So I had my hubby go get her the poly sol but he accidentally bought the feather and skin vitamins instead. It was just siting with my other supplies so I thought what the heck. I also used sea kelp. Last year I had 4 hens go broody at once and incubated. I have never witnessed two chicks loose there chick feathers so quickly and it didn't bother there system at all. Worked great. As for the chick she didn't make it. She was to sick at that point.
I can't wait to see her color egg! She's still in the house with us. I like to keep them as tame as possible of course we all know some just are wild. Matilda is not, she's a doll!
I am incubating right now I should do a experiment with half the chicks and the plumage vitamins.

As for the chick she didn't make it. She was to sick at that point.

So sorry your little chick didn't make it. I lost my BI/BCM rooster last week to the neighbor dog. I just happened to find where my BI hen was stashing her eggs...11 eggs in the incubator.

Lotsa heartbreak in this chicken raising biz...

Anyhow, i think the BI are quickly becoming my favorite. Good luck with your little ones!~

Anyone know what the value would be of a 7 month blue isbar rooster from Greenfire Farms? Or how would I figure this out?
That depends... are you buying or selling? 1st import or 2nd? I have seen cockerels go for $10-$50. You can search RareBreedAuctions closed auctions and see what they have sold for in the past. The price can vary daily and is directly related to availability and need. I know, not much help, am I.
lol.png

That depends... are you buying or selling? 1st import or 2nd? I have seen cockerels go for $10-$50. You can search RareBreedAuctions closed auctions and see what they have sold for in the past. The price can vary daily and is directly related to availability and need. I know, not much help, am I.
lol.png

I sold one from Greenfire that was 15 weeks old for $50. It was local, so no shipping, and I don't believe anyone around here has them, so this person would have had to buy one and have it shipped.

Has anyone noticed that the ones who stay predominantly black have smaller combs and are more flighty than the ones who get a khaki colored collar? My collared ones are so sweet... Here's one drinking from the dog bowl
sickbyc.gif

Here are a couple of eggs, the color difference is just as yummy as the taste!
tongue.png

Has anyone noticed that the ones who stay predominantly black have smaller combs and are more flighty than the ones who get a khaki colored collar? My collared ones are so sweet... Here's one drinking from the dog bowl
sickbyc.gif

Here are a couple of eggs, the color difference is just as yummy as the taste!
tongue.png

Nice photos! Thanks for posting.

That depends... are you buying or selling? 1st import or 2nd? I have seen cockerels go for $10-$50. You can search RareBreedAuctions closed auctions and see what they have sold for in the past. The price can vary daily and is directly related to availability and need. I know, not much help, am I. :lol:

Does anyone know how to get hatching eggs from 1st line?

Back
Top Bottom