BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

I have 5 now, my last blue isbar was a black one. This morning I went to the coop, I heard clucking and peeping. I then saw the mom hen in wrong nest, clucking to her babies, (a chick, and eggs in other box.) The chick was really complaning and the eggs were peeping. I put the chick in the brood box and the mom on her eggs.

one more black Isbar hatched... Grr. one egg left.
from the last egg:

Me lik-um blue chicks.

Here is how it goes, 1&2 are BCM, 3&5 are blue Isbars, 4 is SFH, 6 is BCM/blue isbar combo, and 7 is a black blue isbar.

blue isbar

Last edited:
Here is one of 6 I received alive from an Auction. Only 6 survived the trip and out of 6 we have 5 boys
1f643.png
This guy is the sweetest and we will be keeping him. The rest will be rehomed.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
We're glad to have you here! I'm sorry that more of your chicks, and especially pullets, did not survive.
hugs.gif
Perhaps we can help you find more in your area if you like. FYI- Did you know that the name of the breed we know here in the states as Isbar or Blue Isbar has been officially changed in their home country of Sweden? Story here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1090421/silverudds-blue/120_20#post_17966938

This one looks to be mottled. Mottled birds are disqualified from the heritage flocks in Sweden, but I believe a few people here in the states are using them for projects.

:welcome  [COLOR=008080]We're glad to have you here! I'm sorry that more of your chicks, and especially pullets, did not survive. :hugs   Perhaps we can help you find more in your area if you like. FYI- Did you know that the name of the breed we know here in the states as Isbar or Blue Isbar has been officially changed in their home country of Sweden? Story here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1090421/silverudds-blue/120_20#post_17966938[/COLOR]

[COLOR=008080]This one looks to be mottled. Mottled birds are disqualified from the heritage flocks in Sweden, but I believe a few people here in the states are using them for projects.[/COLOR]
The last one is a splash just growing into his feathers.

Back
Top Bottom