BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Ok for all of the reading I did, I didn't see anything about the problems with the second generation. So can someone fill me in?

KYTinpusher -

glad you are back --- ;O)
Thank you, ChicKat!
hugs.gif
I so LOVE talking about my Isbars!!!
love.gif

:( Out of how many eggs?  Were they 1st or 2nd line eggs?

Hatched 1/6. These were from J-bar farms in Oregon, I think she raises the first generation Isbars, the color on the eggs is beautiful! I knew I would have a rough hatch, the post office had me open the box to check for cracks because they accidently dropped it.:barnie
It's a start, and Im sure I will be getting more Isbars soon! :love

Thanks for the feedback. I have educated myself pretty well but wish I had done so before ordering eggs. I researched some and sadly took GFF for their word because they made it sound like the newest import was the best. Glad to have some from all imports (if they hatch) but really wish I had researched further before ordering eggs and spending a fortune because now I see that many would give anything to have some of the first imports and from what I have found, the breeder I ordered my 1st import hatching eggs from had to wipe out her whole flock and start over to get rid of the 2nd import genes. She said she had perfect 1st import birds and thought she would add some 2nd import blood to the mix and at first it was great, then those undesirable genes you mentioned started showing their ugly faces and she had to start over. Her first import stock (which is what I ordered) came from Walli Johnson in KY and she said it was the best she has ever seen. I just hope all eggs hatch! I am going to make sure my first import stock doesn't mix with the others I have in the incubator. I have seen some horror stories of Isbars ordered from GFF. They looked like some random mix bred barnyard chicken and sadly, they probably are.

Thanks for the good PR Eric.

Let me clarify a bit though-

My Isbar come from Walli and J-Bar eggs originally. They are all first import. I have culled any I had that had later import parentage with the exception of one pretty black hen, who is original X later import. She is now living with the isabelle leghorns as a project (curiosity). I have eggs from the Alchemist Farm in the incubator now and a couple of other original import breeders I hope to swap with soon.

The first import birds are the prettiest IMHO. and I definitely would not cross your new first import eggs/chicks with any of the later imports if you plan to breed them. If you want a pretty green (or brown egg) layer that produces a bunch of eggs there is no harm in crossing them.

I hope all your eggs hatch too! I hatched yesterday and 9 out of 10 hatched here.

Thanks for the good PR Eric.

Let me clarify a bit though-

My Isbar come from Walli and J-Bar eggs originally. They are all first import. I have culled any I had that had later import parentage with the exception of one pretty black hen, who is original X later import. She is now living with the isabelle leghorns as a project (curiosity). I have eggs from the Alchemist Farm in the incubator now and a couple of other original import breeders I hope to swap with soon.

The first import birds are the prettiest IMHO. and I definitely would not cross your new first import eggs/chicks with any of the later imports if you plan to breed them. If you want a pretty green (or brown egg) layer that produces a bunch of eggs there is no harm in crossing them.

I hope all your eggs hatch too! I hatched yesterday and 9 out of 10 hatched here.

I just saw the pic you have and knew that had to be you! HAHA!

So far all of the GFF eggs are fertile, just wondering how many will hatch. The 8 I got from the 1st and 2nd imports crossed from the guy in FL have 6 fertile. I made room for yours yesterday. I was hoping my cabinet incubator would deliver yesterday but they have moved it to deliver on Monday. One thing I have noticed with all the eggs together is the difference in the eggs. The cross eggs are huge and I mean a X-large size egg. I know the pullet eggs make them seem bigger but they really are some big eggs. The GFF eggs are small and I wonder if they are pullet eggs.

Back
Top Bottom