BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
I have two 9 week old Isbar chicks that I hatched, one blue and one black. I thought they were both pullets until this last two weeks my blue Isbar started to develop more comb and wattle. Can you tell me what you think?

These next photos from left to right are of my 9 week old blue Isbar, black Isbar, Black Copper Maran, Easter Egger and Sapphire Rooster. Can you tell me if you think the first three are pullets?

I find with my females they tend to develop their comb and their comb colors when they are getting closer to pol. My boys start to comb up earlier.

When blue isbars become a man, especially the one with your birds coloring you will have something very special! Above is Martin I know people are tired of hearing about him but he was very beautiful! We had a windstorm that knocked over the fence and something came and carried him off. I have his nephew below his nephew is only part blue isbar, but is so sweet, 9 weeks old now and loves his cuddles. He comes up for cuddles every morning, and closes his eyes as he cuddles.

Sorry I didn't mention it, Junior is Martin's nephew but he is a cross, he is blue isbar, legbar, and brama.

Last edited:

When blue isbars become a man, especially the one with your birds coloring you will have something very special! Above is Martin I know people are tired of hearing about him but he was very beautiful! We had a windstorm that knocked over the fence and something came and carried him off. I have his nephew below his nephew is only part blue isbar, but is so sweet, 9 weeks old now and loves his cuddles. He comes up for cuddles every morning, and closes his eyes as he cuddles.
So sorry that you lost Martin.... no I don't think people would ever get tired of hearing about him.... IMO that is the kind of chicken that draws people to a certain breed. Hope someday I get a Martin look-alike. His nephew is cute -- are those feather shanks? What is it crossed with?

Post as much Martin as you want as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry I didn't mention it, Junior is Martin's nephew but he is a cross, he is blue isbar, legbar, and brama.
OMG...Martin was beautiful!! Please post a recent picture of Junior. I would love to see what that cross looks like.

Junior as a baby and today...9 weeks old

His mom was Martin's 1/2 sister, Martin was Blue Isbar,she is isbar/legbar. Juniors dad was a brahma.

Last edited:

I am sorry about your roo.

He reminds me of my favorite roo Will Wheaton (Blue isbar and BCM mix) I got him from eggs from Simone. He was beautiful and I lost him to a dog attack-

Back
Top Bottom