BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
The Isbar threads have been far too quiet for far too long -- so I went out and grabbed some snaps...

the foreground cockerel is my first ever Isbar egg to hatch.... it was Valentine's Day - "Slate"

caught him in a 1/2 blink -- and he wouldn't stand still for anything -- but he shows the dark eyes -- yay!

His daddy -- got from Omega Hills farms and purchased him in 2014 as a chick -- he hatched July that year. "Sven"

His mother "Big Blue" -- only because she was bigger than the "little blue" that I got with her -- but she is a little chicken maybe 3.75-4 pounds. -- enjoying a dust bath -- she is first import for certain -- and I got her in 2013. Infact all my hatched chicks are from this pair -- because of predation and because roo's hatch mate has not come back into lay since molt and a bout with wet pox.

This is "Olga" -- you can see she still has some new feathers coming in -- and she is the one who lays the speckled eggs for me.... Dunno - maybe I should change her name to slacker -- but she did keep me in eggs over the winter...so maybe it is just a really slow molt?

"Cadet" with a CL peaking around the corner..... she is one of the two that I got from my second hatch -- Parents "Sven and "Big Blue"

"Sky" - same hatch as "Cadet"

"Midnight" -- beautiful pullet -- perfect-in-every-way - that I got from Cree57i -- isn't she gorgeous? -- That pot once held a citronella to try to discourage mosquitoes from their coop -- but I think they ate it -- in the foreground you can see "Prussian" -- who is a male IMO.

"Midnight" showing off her comb.....

Two snaps of "Prussian" in the background with the Isabel cockerel in the foreground. Isabel is so Alpha in there it isn't funny....both from Cree57i -fabulous chickens...

beautiful little Splash that I got from Cree57i turned out to be a cockerel, and a friend near here has been searching for a splash male -- so he has moved to her pens ---

I'm seeing dark dark eyes in all the Isbars -- here...
wee.gif

O.k. I showed you mine, now you show me yours. ;O)

Last edited:
The Isbar threads have been far too quiet for far too long -- so I went out and grabbed some snaps...

the foreground cockerel is my first ever Isbar egg to hatch.... it was Valentine's Day - "Slate"

caught him in a 1/2 blink -- and he wouldn't stand still for anything -- but he shows the dark eyes -- yay!

His daddy -- got from Omega Hills farms and purchased him in 2014 as a chick -- he hatched July that year. "Sven"

His mother "Big Blue" -- only because she was bigger than the "little blue" that I got with her -- but she is a little chicken maybe 3.75-4 pounds. -- enjoying a dust bath -- she is first import for certain -- and I got her in 2013. Infact all my hatched chicks are from this pair -- because of predation and because roo's hatch mate has not come back into lay since molt and a bout with wet pox.

This is "Olga" -- you can see she still has some new feathers coming in -- and she is the one who lays the speckled eggs for me.... Dunno - maybe I should change her name to slacker -- but she did keep me in eggs over the winter...so maybe it is just a really slow molt?

"Cadet" with a CL peaking around the corner..... she is one of the two that I got from my second hatch -- Parents "Sven and "Big Blue"

"Sky" - same hatch as "Cadet"

"Midnight" -- beautiful pullet -- perfect-in-every-way - that I got from Cree57i -- isn't she gorgeous? -- That pot once held a citronella to try to discourage mosquitoes from their coop -- but I think they ate it -- in the foreground you can see "Prussian" -- who is a male IMO.

"Midnight" showing off her comb.....

Two snaps of "Prussian" in the background with the Isabel cockerel in the foreground. Isabel is so Alpha in there it isn't funny....both from Cree57i -fabulous chickens...

beautiful little Splash that I got from Cree57i turned out to be a cockerel, and a friend near here has been searching for a splash male -- so he has moved to her pens ---

I'm seeing dark dark eyes in all the Isbars -- here...
wee.gif

O.k. I showed you mine, now you show me yours. ;O)

Gorgeous gorgeous chickens!!!
I will try to get some pics of my recent hatch up soon.... they never want to stand still long enough though, lol
barnie.gif

Ok here are some pics of my babies.... 6 weeks old now!!! I hatched them from shipped eggs

2 splash and 1 blue- I'm thinking both splash are roos but can I get opinions on the one's comb? It doesn't look like the pea comb my other one has. Here are 2 more pics (he doesn't like to stand still lol
barnie.gif
)

Thanks!!

Here are my other babies- these guys I purchased from a 'breeder' in Ohio; they're 8 weeks old now. The blue is definitely Silverudds Blue but the other is either mottled (from 2nd import) or an Ameraucana

These are some of the 4 others I purchased at the same time (1 Silverudd Blue the other 3 again either mottled from 2nd import or Ameraucanas; these birds are huge in comparison!!!)

Back
Top Bottom