BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
It is a hard color to catch,

here is a diff chick that is not an Isbar, but her mom was my avatar, and the dad was a splash. in trying to catch that same color in another bird, I got black....

Aww yeah, same reason I have been afraid to order from GFF...
I would invite you to look around at the various BYC Silverudd Blue/ Isbar threads, as well as FB pages about this breed, before you order.

There are differences with the different imports and you want to get what is the best fit for what you want out of having this breed.

I would invite you to look around at the various BYC Silverudd Blue/ Isbar threads, as well as FB pages about this breed, before you order.

There are differences with the different imports and you want to get what is the best fit for what you want out of having this breed.
Yeah I am trying to look up as much as I can. I am also discussing a lot of things with a few friends who know more about them than I do. I want to get into breeding for the blue Isbars, and Ice Cream Bars: Isbar rooster x Cream Legbar hen. Is the GFF one not the ideal choice to have? I would obviously dabble into multiple bloodlines to breed.

Yeah I am trying to look up as much as I can. I am also discussing a lot of things with a few friends who know more about them than I do. I want to get into breeding for the blue Isbars, and Ice Cream Bars: Isbar rooster x Cream Legbar hen. Is the GFF one not the ideal choice to have? I would obviously dabble into multiple bloodlines to breed.

There are many breeders of Silverudd Blue who have had BIG issues with the later GFF imports. These include, but are not limited to; red leakage, feathered legs, light eyes, mottled body, wrong color legs, small comb, large body type, brown eggs and more. The first import is closest to the Swedish Silverudd Blue and GFF no longer has them. If you are planning on breeding you would need to take all this into account. It really depends on what you intend to do with your birds.

Last edited:
There are many breeders of Silverudd Blue who have had BIG issues with the later GFF imports. These include, but are not limited to; red leakage, feathered legs, light eyes, mottled body, wrong color legs, small comb, large body type, brown eggs and more. The first import is closest to the Swedish Silverudd Blue and GFF no longer has them. If you are planning on breeding you would need to take all this into account. It really depends on what you intend to do with your birds.
Oh, wow. That explains why they are so much cheaper than most others on their sight... I am still fairly new, but want to get into breeding. I am especially attracted to English Orpingtons, Cemani and what I was calling Isbar, but apparently meant Silverudd Blue. I intend to breed A few colors of Orpingtons, probably BBS and Silver Laced as well as Legbars, Silverudd Blue and Ice Cream Bars. I live on a couple acres in unincorporated part of the county with no anti rooster laws. Maybe when it cools off enough we could work something out. I would be seeking 6 to 10 for myself, and a friend would also be looking for 3 to 6 I believe. No one has Isbar/Silverudd Blue, or Ice Cream Bars around where I live, closest breeder is a 5 hr drive, and not sure wether 1st import or not even yet.

Back
Top Bottom