Blue laced red wyandotte growth!!

My silver and golds were already two weeks old when I got them and already had a start on their feathers, but my roo took a lot longer to get caught up with the girls. This is my first time trying it out this young so I guess we will find out together!

I have 26 that have 2 splash and maybe 10 blue, still trying to decide roo from hen. They are 8 weeks old already. I'd like to get them moved out side into a grow out pen (yesterday) soon. Just waiting for Dh to make me a hoop. I think we have one more week of temp dips, 30 or below. And we should be all good.

Oh that's cold, I live in Georgia, my six week olds are outside with a heat lamp on when needed. Last week we had 70 degree temps, but we are having a cold front right now. The heat lamp is perfect though.

Could I possibly be so lucky as to have three pullets and one roo! Yeah right, but I've got high hopes... Chick fours wing feathers have popped right out and chick two is still a bit behind .

Chick four

Chick two

Also chick three, my reddest chick, may be a black laced. I'm not sure but the color is pretty dark.

So at a week old chicks one, three, and four have smooth festered wings and the makings of a tail! Chick two still has some fuzz on the wings and is lacking in the tail area, roo?? However chicks three and four have larger legs. Chick two, roo in question at the moment, has bigger legs than one but smaller than three and four. I'm positive one is a pullet. Chick two is also a tiny bit smaller than the others.

Back
Top Bottom