Blue laced red Wyandotte - hatchery stock? (Ideal poultry)

KDDOGG - you have an incubator, right? I can possibly send you some duck eggs before long for just shipping... I can't remember the breed but they are like stubby legged mallards. I think they might do okay going from Maryland to Mass. 

ETA I just found them. They are called Rouen ducks.

Unfortunately I don't :( I was going to get one but then I never did

Yes, I noticed that about cackle but wasn't sure on their the faverolles either. I would love to add this breed to my flock but without a breeder close by or my own incubator -it's just a throw of the dice on some of the hatchery stock for now. Seems like you either get a decent looking one or "oh my, what is that thing"
1f633.png
! And yes, look forward to seeing your birds!

I forgot to take a pic yesterday. This isn't the best and excuse the mess, I fall behind on chores a bit during the week. I'll take better pics of my flock this weekend with my real camera. Still, you can see how much black she has on her. Nothing like the pretty pinkish and white bird you picture when you think of them. Out of five that we ordered and split, four look like this. She's a friendly enough bird but I'm still disappointed in her looks.

I don't know anything about SF's but wow she almost looks like one of my EE's! Not that that's bad, mine are gorgeous as is yours, but I can see how you'd be disappointed if you were expecting a proper SF

Btw, I should clarify I don't mean that offensively, she's a pretty bird, but rather saying I can see why you'd be disappointed

Thanks for the pics & I see what u mean on coloring! I'm getting an incubator soon and will try to score some BLR Wyandotte & the salmon faverolle eggs from someone here on BYC that has a decent line. I guess I was trying to easier road first with a hatchery, but for these 2 breeds discussed I really want more true to breed standard on coloring. I don't want to wait see them end up getting a buncha duds lol!

Back
Top Bottom