Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, pullet or cockrel?

ruralchicken78

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 13, 2016
Iowa
These "ladies" are 5 weeks old so I know it's way too early to tell, but this one's tail feathers are throwing me off. This one has the longest tail and its very pointy. Also i think the hatchery sent me golden laced instead of blue, but thats beside the point 😅
20230815_193339.jpg

Tail feathers mean nothing at that age-- they will be molted out and replaced as the chick ages. The one on the right looks to be a pullet, judging by comb and even pattern. Hard to gauge its coloring in the photo, but it could be black laced red rather than gold laced.

The bird on the left does look like a blue laced red or maybe blue laced gold. I can't make out its comb to take a stab at its gender.

Tail feathers mean nothing at that age-- they will be molted out and replaced as the chick ages. The one on the right looks to be a pullet, judging by comb and even pattern. Hard to gauge its coloring in the photo, but it could be black laced red rather than gold laced.

The bird on the left does look like a blue laced red or maybe blue laced gold. I can't make out its comb to take a stab at its gender.
None of them have combs or wattles yet, so I'm still holding out hope they are all girls

Back
Top Bottom