Blue laced red Wyandotte

Kidchaser5

Chirping
9 Years
May 5, 2014
When you go to a hatchery website looking for blue laced red Wyandottes, the picture you usually see is the blue phase. If we know that the blue phase is achieved 100% of the time by crossing black to splash then why don’t hatcheries offer this phase on its own? This seems to be the most popular visual phase or color.

When you go to a hatchery website looking for blue laced red Wyandottes, the picture you usually see is the blue phase. If we know that the blue phase is achieved 100% of the time by crossing black to splash then why don’t hatcheries offer this phase on its own? This seems to be the most popular visual phase or color.

I'm sorry, you're asking to why when you look up blue laced red, why you get blue laced red as the result?
Cackle hatchery has all three phases , they sort them by chick down color.

One of my 2023 BLRWs from Cackle is a cockerel, and maybe splash, or at least very light blue laced. This is not a complaint!
One year I ordered this color from MMcM, where the colors aren't separated, and all were splash, not one blue. Again, not totally unexpected, and all were beautiful anyway.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom