Blue Polish

Goon

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2020
Based on what I've read online about difference in feathers between the two genders I'd say this is going to be a hen. But I cant check its comb to check if its pink or red, so anyone who's raised polish before could you shed some light
20200729_110742.jpg

Ah yes beautiful silver lacies... Look and see if your chicken is standing in a more upright position, or streamer feathers on the crest. Pullets will get a more neat looking crest, and cockerels are more “wha-boof” looking. Do you have other polish the same age? You could compare them. Really nice looking polish though.

Not a blue, silver laced :) pretty bearded variety too! Looks enough like a pullet, but you said you didn't see any comb whatsoever? Or you can't catch the bird to look? : )
I couldn't see a comb whatsoever, the feathers may be covering it. I was able to part them a tiny bit before it got scared and started clucking so I put it down.

Ah yes beautiful silver lacies... Look and see if your chicken is standing in a more upright position, or streamer feathers on the crest. Pullets will get a more neat looking crest, and cockerels are more “wha-boof” looking. Do you have other polish the same age? You could compare them. Really nice looking polish though.
It's the only one I have, for the moment lol. I'll look for that today. Do the silver laced still have the blue hue feet though?

Back
Top Bottom