Blue Runner about 6 weeks old male or female?

Colley12

Songster
Aug 26, 2022
Oregon
Ok, I got "Blacky" picked up and separated. The loud quacking in the background are my 2 females offended that I picked this one up. I tried to walk away and they followed lol. I currently have 2 females and 1 male, I'm pretty sure. This one is about 4 days younger than the rest. So still not sure. Maybe his little peep/quack is too young still. Pics are of them all to show how big Gerald our drake (white bigger one) is compared to the rest and he definitely is more of a whisper.

Here is the video of Blacky:

Attachments

• 20220830_140616.jpg
    20220830_140616.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220830_140229.jpg
    20220830_140229.jpg
    982 KB · Views: 3
That sounds like a boy to me
Beautiful ducks :)
Darn, that's what I'm thinking 🤔

I will have 2 boys and 2 girls...my sister has a big flock that she can take in another drake, but I don't know how I'm going to choose which one. 😥😭

Also, thinking I hopefully don't have to choose until after winter until the breeding season picks up. Then one will have to go. 😕

Darn, that's what I'm thinking 🤔

I will have 2 boys and 2 girls...my sister has a big flock that she can take in another drake, but I don't know how I'm going to choose which one. 😥😭

Also, thinking I hopefully don't have to choose until after winter until the breeding season picks up. Then one will have to go. 😕
Depending on space you have maybe add a few more females
I know I have a bad ratio right now and I’m struggling to decide who to sell and who to keep as well

Thanks! I would totally get more...

Our city limits to 6 total, so I could get 2 more girls to integrate. We just don't have a ton of space. However, we are for sure moving either next summer or the summer after that. And we won't be getting anything less than a quarter of an acre. So I could add 2 or more then. If it's this next summer, I would only have to deal with separating them for a couple of months. :idunno
The big drake Gerald, he is quite lazy and lays down alot and does whatever Penny (she rules the group) tells him to do. Maybe he will stay lazy during breeding season and they will all get along :lau wishful thinking maybe lol!

My white female just booted Gerald from the pool during morning preening/bathing...so there's hope! :celebrate
He's so cute, he's just happy to be a duck! Either that or the ladies are telling me which one to boot from the flock. It will be interesting to see how their dynamic continues as they grow!

Back
Top Bottom