Blue Seal feeds?

Greencastle

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2016
Does anyone have any experience with Blue Seal feeds and scratch? I was feeding laying crumbles and went to a store near here to get them crumbles without the calcium. I got a 25 lb. bag of scratch too, both Blue Seal brand. Any thoughts?
I have Marans pullets about 4 months old.

I just buy my feed at which ever store is offering a coupon. I can get 10 - 20% discount, and sometimes $2/bag discount, so it's worth waiting till there is a coupon. That being said, I plan on using what ever feed I've bought within a month, and will dig to the bottom of a pallet of feed to get a bag with a fresher mill date on it.

I started my flock on Blue Seal Homefresh Starter and they did very well. When I added a rooster and a couple of young pullets I switched through a couple different brands but ended up going back to Blue Seal.

I feed Blue Seal Homefresh Multi-flock Breeder now and am very pleased with it. It does have calcium in it but less than what is in their layer formulas. I like it for the slightly higher 18% protein though so I just supplement with oyster shell. I've never had a problem with thin eggs and my birds feathers look really nice.

I would recommend the Blue Seal Homefresh products rather than their Backyard Basic line. The Basic is okay quality but nothing to get excited about.

Ok, glad to hear that! We are new to PA and this farm store is so close. I am feeding the multi flock crumbles and the scratch feed. They have oyster shell also. They were skinny when I got them but they have been eating a lot and also fresh grass and look much more like chickens! Thanks for your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom