Blue Slate Turkeys.

I ordered a dozen Royal Palm turkey eggs this spring. Sadly, only 2 hatched and 1 isn't a Royal Palm. We believe she is a Blue Slate. Can anyone confirm this by the pics? She's become my husband's pet. And pest. Wherever he is, she is.

I ordered a dozen Royal Palm turkey eggs this spring. Sadly, only 2 hatched and 1 isn't a Royal Palm. We believe she is a Blue Slate. Can anyone confirm this by the pics? She's become my husband's pet. And pest. Wherever he is, she is.

She doesn't look like blue slate,but not sure what other turkey she looks blackish

It's either a black spanish, or a black out of blue slate parents. When blue slates hatch you will get 3 colors, slate, self blue, and black. To get all 3 you need to breed slate to slate.

does she have an accent?
lau.gif
- that would be an easy way to tell

This is Pretty Feathers, our self-blue tom. We have a trio from an old-timer in western NC. We're looking for poults or adult birds to diversify our flock genetics. We had set up an order with Porter's and before I could finish the order, they were sold out. We love our self-blues and really want to work on preserving them. Please PM me if you know where we could get hatching eggs, poults, or adult birds.

Back
Top Bottom