Which kind of turkey

TheQuailGuy

In the Brooder
Sep 5, 2023
I'm looking to start raising some heritage turkeys for money and FFA I am kind of thinking about blue slate, royal palm, or bourbon red. I want a breed for egg production as well as a breed that is worth a good amount for selling, thanks!

I'm looking to start raising some heritage turkeys for money and FFA I am kind of thinking about blue slate, royal palm, or bourbon red. I want a breed for egg production as well as a breed that is worth a good amount for selling, thanks!
The breed is Turkey.

How well a hen will lay depends on the individual hen rather than on which variety she is.

Where you are located will have a bigger effect on the value than anything else.

The only people I know that make money from selling turkeys are the commercial breeders and those that have an actual market for processed heritage turkeys around the holidays.

The breed is Turkey.

How well a hen will lay depends on the individual hen rather than on which variety she is.

Where you are located will have a bigger effect on the value than anything else.

The only people I know that make money from selling turkeys are the commercial breeders and those that have an actual market for processed heritage turkeys around the holidays.
I just sold two of my older heritage type hens for $220 a piece no that's not a typo, it was at an auction

I have barred Slate turkeys (blue Slate/bronze) and my female takes way after the slate side and she weighs 9 lbs. So, maybe look into a meatier breed if thats what you want. I've also seen other slates and they just arent as meaty🤷‍♀️.

I was just wondering what would be good type or color or whatever you wanna call it, would perform best at egg laying, are pretty, and worth pretty good to sell. Ik last year around here everyone was asking about royal palms idk if anywhere else it was like that

I was just wondering what would be good type or color or whatever you wanna call it, would perform best at egg laying, are pretty, and worth pretty good to sell. Ik last year around here everyone was asking about royal palms idk if anywhere else it was like that
The egg laying depends more on the individual hen than which variety she is.

Back
Top Bottom