Royal Palm Turkey

Treid98

Chirping
Mar 21, 2024
Wedowee, AL
Hey everyone! I'm new to the turkey dad life. I bought 3 royal palms a couple weeks back and finally found somewhere to ask more questions! I'm interested in seeing what royal palm/bourbon red hybrids look like as they're my two favorite variations at the moment. Also, I'd love to know what reasonable prices would be for (as far as I can tell) fertile Royal Palm eggs! When I got my 3 they appeared much younger than we expected but at the beginning of this week, they started laying an egg a day!

Thanks for any help you may offer! :D

:welcome You would get a red bronze variety.
1711072129858.png

Great looking bird! I've heard that depending on if the tom is a royal palm and if the hen is a bourbon red vs vice versa they could have completely different colorations...Do you know anything about that?
In this case results will be the same, as long as they are true to variety. edit 👉 Breeding a Royal palm tom to a Bourbon Red hen will produce sex linked results. All the female offspring will be Golden Narragansett and all the male offspring will be Red Bronze.

Last edited:
I'm interested in seeing what royal palm/bourbon red hybrids look like as they're my two favorite variations at the moment.
Welcome to BYC! :frow

Check out the color calculator, varieties page, genetics information, and all kind of good fun at the following (possibly a hatchery, but still useful) link..

https://porterturkeys.com/

I'd love to know what reasonable prices would be for (as far as I can tell) fertile Royal Palm eggs!
To me, if I were a possible buyer (and I'm not actually so just for conversation or consideration).. there's no reasonable price until you've incubated some for yourself to check both fertility rate and also viability/hatch rate under your own conditions for verification purposes. In the US.. fertile hatching eggs are defined to be at least 85% fertile (according to one law somewhere). Obviously hatch rate can not be guaranteed.. but knowing for yourself rules out all the what if's a buyer may pose if they're not successful themselves. First eggs.. are also not acceptable as IDEAL for incubation. Now obviously, I'm also a stick in the mud with attention to detail disorder.. but still having fun best I can!

Fertility may be verified.. at least for general purposes.. by the appearance of a balstodisk verses blastoderm on the yolk when cracked open for eating, etc.. bullseye is fertile while a solid spot is not. Pics are all over the web.

Congrats on your new eggs and happy adventures! :wee

ETA: actual value varies by market.

Back
Top Bottom