Bob White Quail chicks LOUD!NOW with PICS and VIDS!!

My daughter took this video for me. Its a bit like a roller coaster ride but you can hear a few chicks 'singing'. I will try tomorrow to catch them when the majority are singing. See the mama kitty!

This was my attempt with my 3 runt silkies, but they kept stepping and pooping on the quail so we changed to a kitty beanie.

SANY5896.jpg

This is the new Kitty mama. It doesnt poop on the babies! LOL
SANY5897.jpg

Another shot of babies!
SANY5901.jpg

Ummm I was reading on the other post...and maybe its a little late to ask but DO I need a permit for quail in Alabama? Where would I find that bit of info?
I should plan better on my ventures!

Quote:
ha ha i just love the chicks on that silkies back and then reading that they were pooping on them is halarious...ofcourse not practical but cute and halarious HAHA ...

as for the permit thing...can't help you there with your state but youcan call your game commisson and they'll direct you to the permit squad peeps...just act ignorant like you want to get into quail and tell them teh species you want to get into (hehe i know you already have em) and ask if that species needs a permit and if so how much...if they do require a permit i read it isnt too much like 12 or something...not sure but that's what i read.

Bobwhites, pheasants and some other birds need permits here in PA Coturnix dont.

Quote:
Check online with your local Dept. of Natural Resources (DNR) or fish and game. That's where we found the information for AK.

monarc23 - I thought you were talking about coturnix, not bobwhites! Yeah... the bobwhites are very different, but sweet sounding.
smile.png

I like the photo of the quail leaning up against the chick... that is precious!!

Those two week old silkies are Teeenie, I can hold all three in one hand. They look so huge in with the quail! I need to post a pics of them with the same age silkies where they are the ones pooped and stepped on.

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

monarc23 - I thought you were talking about coturnix, not bobwhites! Yeah... the bobwhites are very different, but sweet sounding.
smile.png

LOL yeah i was talkin about Bobwhites when I agreed they do sound like a song! ...it's a lot smoother than my coturnix singing..they sound kinda garbly to me lol! (they - my coturnix).​

#15 hatched sometimes last night!! I will give the other 3 until Sunday to do something.
It was in the Bator in the kitchen screaming back and forth to the ones in the Dining room!
Hey where are you guys?... Help Im stuck in this box!... We are over here...I cant!... Come here and help me!... You can make it!... No I cant!... HELP!... JUMP High you can do it!!
I ended up moving them to the garage this morning. They sang on and off ALL night/All morning and as sweet and songlike as it is/was it grinds on you eventually. I kept thinking...FEED THE LOUD ONES TO THE DOG!!...

But I Didnt!
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom