Bobcat finally crossed the line

Shooting him is our plan. In WA, we are both willing and permitted to kill wildlife that is threatening or harming animals or people on your property. We want to trap him first because the property is only 5 acres and surrounded by others. In a trap we can ensure that the bullet only hits its intended target.

He has been around for a couple of years but has never come over into the fenced area until this week. We had always closed up all of our animals overnight but with this abandoned flock we adopted about a month ago, that changed. We were not smart and allowed the tree roosting to continue. We have invited trouble. He is going to pay the price, but we cannot allow him to continue. It isn't only our chickens, it is also the small animals of everybody in our general area.

On the bright side, he ended up only getting one hen, not two, last night.
That’s how we dispatch the small predators here as well. Works quick, safe and clean, no danger to anyone even though no one is in the shooting lane. Hope you are successful!

Bobcat still roaming my property, but he hasn't targeted my flocks or other animals since the initial attacks. I still have the cage trap up but have neglected it the last couple weeks. Then, a couple of days ago, a bunny went in and tripped the trap. As it spent the night terrified but safe in the cage, the bobcat spent about 4 hours trying to figure out how to retrieve the vulnerable and tasty treat.

Seeing his effort and level of comfort, renewed my resolve to catch the bobcat so I refreshed the camo and offerings. Unfortunately, I just had a cut of meat to place insde so I hung it next to a dangling turkey feather. The feather did its job, but the meat was clearly not of interest as the bobcat went inside, turned around and came back out. The trip plate is functioning correctly so I assume he never got close enough to step on it. Looking to find the correct item to make the cat go inside and hunker down for a meal.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom