Bobcat!

I have seen a bobcat....once. Never has bothered my chickens. Of course, I'm overrun with rabbits and other small furry animals, so that could explain why I've never lost a chicken to one. They don't like people at all, so I have to agree, probably just a quick visit. However, if I found tracks on my deck, I would be hyper-vigilant for a few days. Good luck!

Lock n Load. I just had a bobcat in my yard not 1/2 hour ago, trying to get my girls, thank goodness no one was hurt, but sure was scary. It wasn't 20' from my back deck.
ep.gif
I heard girls giving the alarm & grabbed the 16 gauge as I went out the back door & there it was, so I fired at it, It ran off into woods, I grabbed the 7mm-08 & fired 2-3 more rounds into the area where it ran into the woods, don't know if I hit it, but I'm ready now. First coyotes, then foxes & hawks, now bobcats
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Bobcats generally do not keep patrolling a given location unless den site with kittens. They move about a lot over several square miles versus the several acres of the domestic cat. I have a bobcat on me but bet he comes across my little 20 acre patch maybe one a month and I get lucky to see it even less than that. I have yet to attribute a chicken loss to bobcat which is likely do to activities of dog that will chase bobcat just like it does domestics.

Back
Top Bottom