Bobwhite chicks or females near Denver CO?

Mervin23

Hatching
Mar 11, 2023
Hi all - I was adopted by what I assume is an escaped solo male Bobwhite. He showed up in my yard a few months ago and never left and we have been caring for him but I know solo birds don't do well. Looking for 2-3 chicks or female adults near Denver CO (we have a small space and don't really want to breed them just want our adopted friend to have community). Also looking for thoughts about whether coturnix might be able to integrate with him or not, heard mixed reviews but wondering if the small size of the group would matter or that he's solo and lonely. Thanks!

I wouldn't recommend mixing Bob's and Coturnix, in my experience, the Bob's were aggressive towards the Cot's.
Also, he may or may not accept 'new' females, you'll just have to try and see what happens.
Do you have a cage/pen large enough for two Bob's? Bob's usually do best in pairs but if you have the space for a large aviary, then more birds can be kept in the larger aviary.

I wouldn't recommend mixing Bob's and Coturnix, in my experience, the Bob's were aggressive towards the Cot's.
Also, he may or may not accept 'new' females, you'll just have to try and see what happens.
Do you have a cage/pen large enough for two Bob's? Bob's usually do best in pairs but if you have the space for a large aviary, then more birds can be kept in the larger aviary.
Thanks very helpful! I have space for at least three birds and possibly more depending on how I adjust based on what I've seen online. But now need to find a female or two!

Back
Top Bottom