Bobwhite & Coturnix together

Team01

Chirping
Mar 8, 2023
Hello. I would like to know if it's okay to put bobwhite and coturnix in the same outdoor pen. They were raided in the brooder box together

I’ve tried keeping the two together a few times and it’s only ever been successful with female bobwhites.
Last year we ended up with one male and one female bobwhite hatching with the Coturnix batch and they were all perfectly fine together until they reached maturity. The male bobwhite became extremely aggressive and severely injured a few of the Coturnix so I ended up having to remove him.
The female bobwhite is not aggressive at all and still lives with them along with another older female bobwhite that I hatched a few years prior.
I would say to give it a shot but keep a close eye on the males and that they don’t start causing trouble. They can and will kill each other and the Coturnix if you let them!

Hello. I would like to know if it's okay to put bobwhite and coturnix in the same outdoor pen. They were raided in the brooder box together
Just because they are raised together as chicks, has no bearing on how they will get along as adults. It's really not good to mix different species of any bird. Bob's are much more territorial and aggressive than Coturnix.

If you choose to do so anyway, just be prepared to have casualties.

Back
Top Bottom