Bought "ayam cemani" eggs... but I don't think that's what I got....

Well I wish I would have read this before falling for the scam as well. I bought from the same seller bobfarm14 ( Kimberly Onuma) which still amazingly has 100% positive feedback, but the Ayam Cemani eggs they sent me were not purebred as they were dark brown in color. The eggs also must have been really old because all of them started to putrify in the incubator within the first week with no development at all. I contacted the seller to no avail (No response), opened a case that somehow was closed in the sellers favor. I appealed the case and the Ebay representative agreed the seller should not have won the case and I did get my money back. Ebay representative stated the seller was going to be referred for further investigation, not sure if anything will come of it though.

I will be leaving negative feedback, but because the case was at first decided in the sellers favor my feedback might be removed. Therefore I am waiting a week so that that will be less likely.

As a seller and buyer on Ebay the system seems pretty good, and if anything it usually seems tilted in favor of the buyer. How this seller has such good feedback when they have behaved so poorly is beyond me.

Yep, same experience. And I got a lame excuse about how the color doesn't breed true, that you get a certain percentage of "wild" type chicks. Well, out of a dozen hatched, I had two that were black, and one of them was deformed and not viable. The other was a cockerel, and I live in town, so I had to give him to my sister-in-law. He grew into a fine mostly-black rooster with big gold patches on each wing.

The problem with the feedback is that it's not until 3 weeks later that you know what you're getting, and even then you don't know for sure until they reach maturity.

I think if I try this again I'm going to get eggs or day-old chicks from one of the professional breeders on the internet outside of ebay.

It's not all eBay sellers. I've run into plenty of dishonest sellers in all the venues. There are both good and bad sellers anywhere you shop. The problem with eBay is the removal of negative feedback. You are allowed 60 days to leave eBay feedback. Why rush and leave positive feedback based only on receiving unbroken eggs. I don't leave feedback until I confirm at least some of the eggs are viable, and that chicks hatched look like what I'm expecting for the breed purchased.

There are good sellers on Ebay, the other batches I bought had good fertility and they are Ayam Cemani. Considering the cheapest other source I could find outside of Ebay wanted 5x the price for the eggs I am overall very happy.

Here is a link to a hatchery to buy fertile Ayam Cemani eggs to incubate and hatch. They are such beautiful chickens. They are pricey, but probably worth it, seeing as how much they cost to buy chicks from a hatchery! It's $300.00 for 12 fertile eggs. Hope this helps: http://www.cemanifarms.com/p/fertile-eggs-shop.html

It's still illegal to import from Indonesia. Cemani Farms is in Indonesia.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ou.../import-live-animals/sa_avian/ct_poultry_eggs

ADVISORY: Until further notice1, live avian commodities (including eggs for hatching) from the following countries or regions have been prohibited entry to the United States due to the presence of highly pathogenic avian influenza: Afghanistan, Albania, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Djibouti, Egypt, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Ivory Coast (Côte d'Ivoire), Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Autonomous Territories, People's Republic of China, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, South Sudan, Sudan, Taipei Chinese/Taiwan, Thailand, Togo, Turkey, Ukraine, and Vietnam.

Back
Top Bottom