Bought Wring Feed

whittleah

Chirping
Mar 3, 2022
I have a flock of 14 week old layers. I accidentally ordered layer feed instead of grower. Is it okay to have them on layer feed this early if I supplement their protein? I know the high calcium in layer could be an issue as well. The problem is that I don’t have anywhere local to get this feed and the truck only delivers monthly so it’ll be three weeks before I could get more grower.

I have a flock of 14 week old layers. I accidentally ordered layer feed instead of grower. Is it okay to have them on layer feed this early if I supplement their protein? I know the high calcium in layer could be an issue as well. The problem is that I don’t have anywhere local to get this feed and the truck only delivers monthly so it’ll be three weeks before I could get more grower.
You have no feed stores near you?
I would never feed the layer feed.
If you just stick with grower, or chick starter, or Flock Raiser and put oyster shell out on the side for free feeding you'll never go wrong.

When you say "this feed", do mean a certain brand or feed in general?

You have no feed stores near you?
I would never feed the layer feed.
If you just stick with grower, or chick starter, or Flock Raiser and put oyster shell out on the side for free feeding you'll never go wrong.
I do have a feed store near me. I was saying non carry the brand I feed. However, if necessary I can temporarily switch brands.

Back
Top Bottom