Brabanter eggs auction bin

Hi,
I just wanted to say that I had several Cream Brabanter hens until recently. We had to reduce our overall flock numbers but this breed I let go with great reluctance because I couldn't find a roo. My brabanters were some of the sweetest, most curious and friendly birds out of our entire flock...second only to my cochins. I don't know this seller, but just wanted to put a "plug" in for the Brabanter breed in general. You're in for a real treat!...and they were pretty good layers too...not every day, but enough to be worthwhile.

Hi,
I just wanted to say that I had several Cream Brabanter hens until recently. We had to reduce our overall flock numbers but this breed I let go with great reluctance because I couldn't find a roo. My brabanters were some of the sweetest, most curious and friendly birds out of our entire flock...second only to my cochins. I don't know this seller, but just wanted to put a "plug" in for the Brabanter breed in general. You're in for a real treat!...and they were pretty good layers too...not every day, but enough to be worthwhile.
Hi, I have to agree with your post. But, I am finding they are laying vey well, lamost every day and getting better. Before I got Brabanters, I was seriously thinking of getting some leghorns, just to have those extra eggs once in a while but these Brabanters have filled that job so well, I'm so glad I didn't go with the leghorns...

They are inquisitive. It took them a couple of weeks to settle in. If it had been summer, I think they would have acclimated sooner, but for now I have to keep them inside the barn, until spring when I can do so rearranging of pens so they can get out 24/7.

Hi, I have to agree with your post. But, I am finding they are laying vey well, lamost every day and getting better. Before I got Brabanters, I was seriously thinking of getting some leghorns, just to have those extra eggs once in a while but these Brabanters have filled that job so well, I'm so glad I didn't go with the leghorns...

They are inquisitive. It took them a couple of weeks to settle in. If it had been summer, I think they would have acclimated sooner, but for now I have to keep them inside the barn, until spring when I can do so rearranging of pens so they can get out 24/7.
For sure, they're way nicer to look at than leghorns!!.....(no offense to those who really love leghorns!!....just a personal preference thing!). The brabanters and spitzhaubens were my favorites, but my husband decided he wanted to go more with cochins and orps. I miss the brabanters and spitzies.

Just received our eggs,wow they are LARGE. They all arrived safe and will be headed to the hatchery tomorrow.
Thanks for the extras. :)
I can't figure out why it took so long! I sent eggs to someone in my same state tuesday as well, and they didn't get there till today either!
If you can, don't turn them in your incubator for a week. It helps any scrambled air cells to regroup...It does help.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom