Braggs Mountain Buffs

Still raining .... still no pictures. We had our first Buff Braggs Mountains hatch this weekend. As you would expect a large yellow chicks.

Nice.
cool.png

Well we have a half dozen Braggs hatched now. If anyone is interested in getting some of our original group let me know. You would have to be close enough to pick up or meet somewhere for pick up. I won't try shipping these monsters. I am thinking of cutting the original group down by half to raise some of the others up. That would be 6-7 hens and a roof if someone is interested in getting started with these.

After the current batch of eggs in the incubator come out we won't set anymore until spring. The Braggs has had pretty low fertility but we got the hens in bad shape and we have only had one roo to 14 hens. Come spring we hope to split the group and use two roosters. Will report the fertility at that time.

Stalking this thread!!
smile.png
Have always been very interested in this breed but have, as the rest of you, found very little to research!

These don't sound like a new breed but a production cross from the add I saw in Poultry Press.
More than a cross for production.
Several breeds were invovled, and several generations of crossing to get them there.
I think they said it took 18 years to get them there.

Back
Top Bottom