Brahma questions

proudduckowner22

Chirping
Aug 8, 2022
So I bought some Brahma chicks from a market yesterday and I got 4 PARTRIDGE and 4 GOLD PARTRIDGE. I am extremely confused as to how breeding colour variants work, is there such thing as just a “partridge Brahma”? Or is it gonna be a “blue partridge” etc. and what happens if you crossed gold partridge with a partridge, if that’s a thing? Do gold partridge, and if real, a partridge breed true as well? I have so many questions on all these colours and how they work and if there is such thing as just partridge Brahma as that’s what the box of chicks just said for the 4 of those. If anyone could help me out that would be amazing. Thanks!

Partridge and gold partridge mean the same thing: partridge gene, pattern gene, gold gene. Did you get these from different sources?

Partridge and gold partridge mean the same thing: partridge gene, pattern gene, gold gene. Did you get these from different sources?
I contacted the breeder and he said the parents of the “partridge” ones were a blue partridge Brahma rooster and partridge Brahma hen, so would that make the offspring have a 50/50 chance of being either blue partridge or partridge? Or would the colours mix?

Back
Top Bottom