Buff brahma chicks different shade

Australorpfamily

Songster
Mar 26, 2023
Central Indiana
Hi! I figure just like us some chicks of same breed have different shades of color and sizes

(we have light Brahmas and one is twice the size of her sisters, and one of our Black Australorps is tiny compared to the rest, and we have a buff Orpington that is yellow more than orange/gold)

That said, we got four Buff Brahmas from TSC(Hoover's) and one is much lighter in all around shade than the others, and one has a spot on her head lol

*Note, yes we have grey eggers and a chipmunk easter egger in with them

Just variations? I'm learning more into the genetics and it's a fun journey! It doesn't have to be specific just curious!

Attachments

• PXL_20240307_191244388.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240307_191244388.MP.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20240307_191240233.jpg
    PXL_20240307_191240233.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20240307_191232163.jpg
    PXL_20240307_191232163.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi! I figure just like us some chicks of same breed have different shades of color and sizes

(we have light Brahmas and one is twice the size of her sisters, and one of our Black Australorps is tiny compared to the rest, and we have a buff Orpington that is yellow more than orange/gold)

That said, we got four Buff Brahmas from TSC(Hoover's) and one is much lighter in all around shade than the others, and one has a spot on her head lol

*Note, yes we have grey eggers and a chipmunk easter egger in with them

Just variations? I'm learning more into the genetics and it's a fun journey! It doesn't have to be specific just curious!
I found some examples of color variation in Buff Brahma chicks:

https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/buff_brahmas.html
McMurray hatchery has a video that shows several chicks, and they do not all match.

https://www.cacklehatchery.com/product/buff-brahmas/
Cackle hatchery has a large number of photos. If you look through them, several photos show large numbers of chicks, including a variety of shades and head markings.

(I don't personally know Buff Brahmas very well, which is why I Iooked for images rather than trying to answer from my own knowledge.)

Back
Top Bottom