Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have blue Partridge Brahmas -

31698_p1010095.jpg

31698_p1000837.jpg

31698_p1010590.jpg

Do your Blue Partridge Brahmas have green eyes?

Mine do, and I am not sure if this a regular feature or is a mutation. My Red Pyle/Splash who is the father has VERY green eyes.

Sandie

I'm going to have to go out as soon as it gets daylight and check my blues and my lemon pyles - I honestly do not know what color their eyes are!

To be honest I only noticed a couple of months ago when I was treating a sore patch on a cockerel's foot. I then looked at his Gold mamma who had the usual orangey eyes.....then I looked at daddy and don't quite know how I had missed his piercing bright green eyes. It's so easy to miss these things!

I never raised any other birds but CXs, just got three white brahmas from TSC. Is there anything that I need to know about these birds. Ive read to give them some sand to help digest. They were with my CXs for the first week and half now they are seperate. I try to hold them but they dont like it very much. Any tips on raising these for pets and layers? My brahmas are two weeks old now.

Brahmas have a very sweet diposition, hold them as much as you can, mine are adults now but they don't mind a bit being picked up and cuddled, they do like to eat and because of their large size will require more feed than standards but to me so worth it. If I had my choice of breeds to have and only had one choice I think Brahmas would be it, they aren't called gentle giants for nothing. Good luck and I hope you have many years of enjoyment from them.

Quote:
I agree 100%.
thumbsup.gif
My choice would have be Brahmas too. I'm more of a bantam Brahma fan, but even they are incredibly sweet and are easy to tame down, if wild. Some of my best memories with any of the chickens I had growing up (and there were a whole lot of chickens in my childhood!) are with the Brahmas.
love.gif
I guess that's one of the main reasons I chose Brahmas for my breeding to standard project.

Quote:
This is a tip from a Brahma breeder. He said to hold your birds as many times as possible per day (preferably at minumum three times a day, but two will work if you don't have the time), and while holding them, give them a blackened banana (they love this!), while they eat on the blackened banana stroke the back of thier neck. This has even been known to work on aggressive birds. If you can't get them eat the banana on thier own just stuff a little bit in the back of thier mouth, and they should be hooked! I hope this is of some help to you.
smile.png

Quote:
This is a tip from a Brahma breeder. He said to hold your birds as many times as possible per day (preferably at minumum three times a day, but two will work if you don't have the time), and while holding them, give them a blackened banana (they love this!), while they eat on the blackened banana stroke the back of thier neck. This has even been known to work on aggressive birds. If you can't get them eat the banana on thier own just stuff a little bit in the back of thier mouth, and they should be hooked! I hope this is of some help to you.
smile.png

Ok, so...if it takes both hands to hold the brahma, what other two hands are doing the feeding and the stroking??
hu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom