Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok brahma keepers...need some insight. We have 6 brahmas (hatchery) about 2 years old, all hens. They are kept together. I forgot to open the water spout 2 days ago so they went 1 full day without water (no longer than that). The next morning, the biggest hen was down and had been terribly pecked by the others. They were all so happy....
Now we arent sure if she has any eyeballs left. Seriously. Her eyes are so swollen when my mom tried to open one of the eyelids the hen flipped out. We have her separated and are giving her water and food since shes blind. We wonder if we shouldnt just go ahead and put her down and let her life be useful (for food) rather thsn jyst waiting it out and run the risk of a wasted death.
Has anyone ever had s flock turn on one, and could it be because of the water?
Should we go ahead and cull?
I have a pictute of her swollen eyes and pecked, bloody head but it wont upload.
Help, and thanks. It all happened yesterday.
Probably what happened is your Lg hen blocked the water hoping she could get some and the others fought her for their turn . Down was she dehydrated ?

I'll have a few Bantam Light eggs for sale starting Monday March 25. PM if interested.

Tim Lindenborn

Lots of photos in my albums if interested. Light Bantam eggs ONLY.

Last edited:
Wish i could but right now with moms heart attack im hardly home to do anything but feed the cats and dog and my chickens cook something get a little rest pay bills .............. worried about the eggs in bator i have now . will you have some for later ?

I'll have a few Bantam Light eggs for sale starting Monday March 25. PM if interested.

Tim Lindenborn

Lots of photos in my albums if interested. Light Bantam eggs ONLY.

thumbsup.gif
A pullet I bred from Tim's birds went Ch. Feather-legged at our APA/ABA show last fall.

She wasn't into posing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom