Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So im getting light Brahmas in 18 days and i was really wondering do they brood and if they do how often

Quote:
ep.gif
droolin.gif
clap.gif
Ya, I think we'll definitely be doin deals on chicks sarah lol
fl.gif
, hes a fine lookin lad, id say hes probably even bigger than my boys
somad.gif

I am getting my first 2 brahma's tomorrow
wee.gif
They are just 2 years will they still go broody? I am just getting into this breed of chicken.

SarahIrl: He is beautiful
droolin.gif

What variety are you getting. The large darks have always been my first love. Yes, they will defrinitely go broody. Where are you getting them from? I have yet to meet a person who did not fall in love with the calm personality of the Brahma after they got them. You will definitely enjoy them.

Broodiness depends on the lines you got them from. Non-hatchery and/or show quality bred Brahmas usually get pretty broody. Hatchery bred ones are rarely to never broody.

Well, it looks like the eggs I got from Sjisty are the only fertile ones in my bator. . . Yay and also
sad.png

I'll need to review how to reply to individual posts but thanks to Chickenlady08 for your reply about me losing my bantam buff rooster and I'm sorry for your loss of Molly. They're such friendly birds it makes it so hard to lose them.

It was a pretty afternoon here so I took some pics of my Partridge LF and thought I'd share. First is pullet India. Too bad she has a single comb.

65741_brahmas_cochins_010.jpg

65741_brahmas_cochins_028.jpg

65741_brahmas_cochins_037.jpg

And Buddha the cockerel

65741_brahmas_cochins_046.jpg

65741_brahmas_cochins_033.jpg

65741_brahmas_cochins_024.jpg

Quote:
That's too bad, but Yay for my girls! I've got 30+ eggs in my incubator and fertility is running great on my partridge girls.

By the way, my girls almost never go broody. My broody mama is a banty - I don't even know what she is, but she has hatched and raised many brahmas.

My LF Brahmas are VERY broody. All were broody at least twice, most three times , and one broody four times last year. They have just come back into lay again and if last year was anything to go by they will be broody before they have laid as many as 20 eggs.

Now I'm concerned. I was expecting to be able to have broody hens (eventually) out of the 25 Light Brahma hen chicks I have coming. But they are coming form McMurray Hatcheries. Is this true they will never go broody????
barnie.gif
hit.gif
Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom